[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Playback while editing.    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Playback while editing.
joshtafari is not online. Last active: 12/15/2006 6:01:56 PM joshtafari
Total Posts: 4

Playback while editing.
Posted: 11 Dec 2006 09:51 PM
Hello everyone,
I am currently using a dell 8600 with my canon zr65. After i capture video off my camera using fire wire. I am having trouble with the playback. I put my clips in the time line with transitions and music, but it wont play back smooth. It skips and sometimes the music just passes the clips right by. Once i save the movie, the playback is fine, some glitches but only noticable by me, cause i created the movie. Its just very annoying to edit something when it wont play back smoothly. Ive created a 15 minute movie and burned it to dvd and it plays back fine only with little things that i would notice. I would like everything to be smooth but I will take one step at a time. The editing part is just super annoying if I cant preview something smooth. I hope some one can help me. Other wise movie maker 2 is a very easy and fun program to use. Any input would help. Thanks
jimboS is not online. Last active: 12/14/2007 12:05:12 AM jimboS
Total Posts: 50

Re: Playback while editing.
Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:13 PM
Not to worry about it..
The usual case is the edit function is sometimes "weird"..
If the final product is fine....it's one of "those" things...
Most editing progams do this , they "jerk" or "skip" or whatever....Never really "smooth"...
It's all part of the game....
Yes I agree...MM2 IS fun and easy...
PS...I also have PINNACLE Studio + and MM2 is much more fun and easy...Plus I can save as dv-avi and import to Studio or Ulead MF5 and no problems..
Or make a CD that can only play on a computer!!!!HA!HA! With MM2

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:21 PM
Thanks for the response. So your telling me theres no solution to this. Every time I edit the play back will not run smooth. It's really annoying. Yes the final product comes out ok, but I still cant even view it until I save it to movie project. Please tell me theres something I can do. thanks

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 12:44 PM
Is there another spot in the forums that I should be looking to solve this problem. I'm not even sure if I'm wording my problem correctly for others to understand. Sorry for being a pain in the a$, but I'm hooked. I have hours of footage from surf trips, and now I'm freaking that I could actually do something with it. Once again thanks for any input.
fishycomics is not online. Last active: 8/3/2016 1:46:49 PM fishycomics
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 7305

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 02:27 PM
As I just edited a tuturial, i did not like that the fct I used a 640x480 res pic it gave me chopines and misshaps
best thing I didwas always use higher pics
so when I preview on edit i understand the preview is a thumbnail, and not an actual footage. once we uunderstand that the final outcome isfine. but tat pic hmm hope it comes out clear after on the net?
it'll stream aloteasier than a 10 meg shot

ALL YOUR XMLS IN THIS LINK===> tranistions and effects in alphabetical order <===All your XMLS IN THIS LINK!

thank you in advance If I never say
WaterBug is not online. Last active: 6/2/2015 8:54:45 PM WaterBug
Total Posts: 9

Posted: 13 Dec 2006 11:35 PM
I'm new here but have been using WMM for some time and I have noticed the same thing you mention. It can be a real drag when you can't tell if the transision or effect is what you want or is even working right. The best I can say is to make your project in segments or chapters depending on the over all length, as you complete a segment save the project, then save it to your computer in any format you what (maybe 'WMP'), then watch it. If you like what you see keep it if you saved it to a high quality format, if not to you liking "DELETE IT". Go back to your project, make the needed adjustments and save again. This can be a pain but it is the only way to see the true effect in your finnished work. Be carefull about using too many transitions and effects in too small of a clip, segment or short movie as these can slow things down or just plane make your good movie look bad. Good Luck
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Playback while editing.