[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Crashing MovieMaker2    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Crashing MovieMaker2
LLeon50 is not online. Last active: 11/3/2003 7:35:54 PM LLeon50
Total Posts: 2

Crashing MovieMaker2
Posted: 09 Oct 2003 06:45 PM
After repeated crashing of the MovieMaker 2 program on my WinXP machine, I clicked "yes", make a report to M/S. In just seconds, a response came back stating that I am using an outdated driver. The reply does not tell me which driver is out dated. The reply supplies a link to a third party. I clicked on that third party link but could not tell what driver I need to get from them. There were several drivers and a message saying I would need to remove my present driver before downloading and installing the new driver.

How can I tell which driver I need to remove and which driver I need to install?
BillEve is not online. Last active: 2/15/2010 12:33:03 PM BillEve
Total Posts: 52

Re: Crashing MovieMaker2
Posted: 09 Oct 2003 06:57 PM
Leon, Start here.. www.papajohn.org he has a section called problem solving then . Within the Hardware Acceleration and Codecs section he describes why Movie Maker will sometimes crash and the fixes for it.

About your drivers... For the most part if you go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and have the latest drivers/patches available everything should work.
LLeon50 is not online. Last active: 11/3/2003 7:35:54 PM LLeon50
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 09 Oct 2003 07:55 PM
Thanks Bill...

It looks like I need to find out what Audio Chip I have in my machine. I am guessing once I know that, I will be able to select the correct driver from the list on the third party site...

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_dload1.htm

I will have to wait until I get home. I am at work right now.
franklidman is not online. Last active: 6/3/2017 11:48:25 AM franklidman
Total Posts: 3

Posted: 02 Jun 2017 06:21 AM
Hello,My name is Frank Lidman. Last month I needed a video for my company. I made a video from several video making companies, but I did not like that. Someone told me about the Raxvid.com company in the last, they made a very good video. I was completely satisfied with them.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > Crashing MovieMaker2