[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Feature Suggestions  > Re: Lock video with soundtrack feature    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Lock video with soundtrack feature
gooner is not online. Last active: 5/16/2004 5:56:41 AM gooner
Total Posts: 7

Lock video with soundtrack feature
Posted: 11 May 2004 03:45 PM
hows about if you could lock video to the timeline so that if you edit something earlier in the timeline the other video goes out of sync with the sound and titles?
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Lock video with soundtrack feature
Posted: 26 Apr 2005 02:05 PM
Yes, this is my biggest gripe! I don't know how many times I've made my nice little movie, complete with transitions, sound-effects, music, titles, captions, credits, etc. All the timing is just right! Then I decide I want to add a 5-second countdown timer to the front, or a new title at the beginning, or a scene title. So what happens? All my titles, captions, sound tracks from that point on get all screwed up and have to be manually selected and realigned! It's a total pain!

Microsoft, please fix this!

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
mimomoviemaker is not online. Last active: 6/20/2010 6:49:15 AM mimomoviemaker
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1375

Posted: 05 Jun 2005 01:33 PM
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bucketo is not online. Last active: 11/21/2011 11:51:51 AM bucketo
capitalrockshow.blogspot.com
Total Posts: 7

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 10:28 AM
I'm on this team for sure.

Bucket

beer me
Persian Poet Gal is not online. Last active: 12/28/2006 4:05:18 PM Persian Poet Gal
www.papajohn.org
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 307

Posted: 22 Sep 2005 01:58 AM
Yes I sooo would love this as well. I get mind-numbed as considerate guy said when I insert one miniscule addition and have to recalibrate and recalibrate to line up everything just right grrrrr.....As I said would sooo love it :)!

Need help with xml?
~Come visit The Persian Page~

Currently offline due to broadening my horizons at highschool :)!
RonSmith is not online. Last active: 11/13/2005 10:48:51 AM RonSmith
Total Posts: 26

Posted: 09 Oct 2005 11:11 AM
Second and Third and Fourth this suggestion -- even though I prefer to think of it as locking the audio, titles, etc with the video.

This was my #1 complaint/suggestion from the very first time I used MM2, just a few days ago.

It should be an Option.

--
Ron in Round Rock
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 09 Oct 2005 01:17 PM
As I mentioned earlier, this is my #1 gripe about WMM (my second being the lack of any additional video timelines and the need for additional audio timelines). I posted the workarounds I use for the title alignment problem in another thread, but I'll repeat them here in case.

With respect to the misalignment of titles, I have devised the following workaround. Each time I add (or delete) a video clip, I select all the titles that are after that point (click the first one and then shift-click the last one). Then move them as a single block to the new alignment point. At least with this workaround, you don't have to rework all the spacing between the title overlays.

Another thing that helps is to work on your project in smaller chunks. I usually work on scenes of between a minute to 3 minutes. Then I put them together at the end. This helps isolate changes to one so they don't affect the others. It also helps the problem when WMM refuses to save your movie because it is "too complex" for it. Using the method of doing smaller scenes, you hopefully don't hit the complexity barrier. And if something goes horribly wrong on one part, everything else is still okay.

-=Blaine=-

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
mab6750 is not online. Last active: 2/1/2007 3:17:42 PM mab6750
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 10 Jul 2006 01:56 PM
darn! I was sooooo hoping to find the solution to this problem! My number one gripe! Anyone at Microsoft we can send a petition to? If I-Movie can do it....

life cannot be rewound.... (from KWN)
mimomoviemaker is not online. Last active: 6/20/2010 6:49:15 AM mimomoviemaker
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 1375

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 03:24 PM
Blaine,

I do exactly the same as you do. I'm glad Movie Maker has that sort of jump-to-edge-of-clip feature. Know what I mean?
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Feature Suggestions  > Re: Lock video with soundtrack feature