[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > MovieMaker 6.0 Not Compatible With Win10    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: MovieMaker 6.0 Not Compatible With Win10
likekinds is not online. Last active: 10/6/2018 5:03:27 PM likekinds
Total Posts: 51

MovieMaker 6.0 Not Compatible With Win10
Posted: 05 Oct 2018 09:47 PM
Since the end of Vista, I've made very few videos. I tried MovieMaker 11 and 12 and they were a flop. For years I've tried to get a replacement for MovieMaker 6.0 with no results.

Today, I happened across Blaine's site again and found he was offering MovieMaker 6.0 for later versions of Windows, including Windows 10. I can't tell you how happy I was. I downloaded the software.

To my disappointment, it would not install. A check found it to be incompatible. Please, is there anyone with any suggestions as to what is going wrong and how I can fix it?

PS
I have really missed this forum!
likekinds is not online. Last active: 10/6/2018 5:03:27 PM likekinds
Total Posts: 51

Re: MovieMaker 6.0 Not Compatible With Win10
Posted: 06 Oct 2018 05:03 PM
I must apologize, especially to Blaine. When I attempted to install, it never did show as complete. Instead, I got am incompatible error.

Today when I was removing some unwanted programs, I did find WMM installed. I tried it. It works. I do get an error message about updates every time I start it up, but, it does work. While I haven't made a video yet, what little testing I have done shows it to be a good, working program.

Thank you, Blaine

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

likekinds
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > MovieMaker 6.0 Not Compatible With Win10