[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > They Said It Couldn't Be Done    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: They Said It Couldn't Be Done
Kiggsia is not online. Last active: 10/26/2017 9:32:26 PM Kiggsia
Total Posts: 7

They Said It Couldn't Be Done
Posted: 26 Oct 2017 09:30 PM
To whom it may concern, I have a Windows laptop that started out with Windows 8.1, and I was able to download great Windows Moviemaker 6.0. I upgraded to Windows 10 when they were doing free upgrades. More recently, there was a big Windows update to my laptop, seemed to take forever to complete. I then noticed my Moviemaker 6.0 had disappeared. I went to Geek Squad Tech Support to ask them about this, and they said Movie Maker was not being supported or offered for Windows 10 anymore, I would have to buy aftermarket software. How disappointing, and to have to look for something that would work out so well for me as Moviemaker 6.0 has. I tried free downloads, but they couldn't do the clipping I need to do, like Moviemaker 6.0 does satisfactorily for me. Then I thought, I won't take no for an answer about Moviemaker on my laptop without at least trying to get it, and Googled Moviemaker Version 6.0. This led me to your website, where I was able to quickly get Moviemaker 6.0 back on my computer, and so far, all seems to work as before. I am grateful. I'm uncertain as to how it did work though, I was thinking that whether downloaded manually or with the link for my 64 bit system, Vista would be required, which I haven't ever had on this computer. And, the download had said it was for Windows 7. So I'm surprised, but glad, it is working for me, so far.....
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > They Said It Couldn't Be Done