[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > How to copy and paste audio within a video?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: How to copy and paste audio within a video?
EEWally is not online. Last active: 4/4/2017 3:05:30 PM EEWally
Total Posts: 2

How to copy and paste audio within a video?
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 02:08 PM
I took a MOV video of about 12,000 snow geese taking flight from a lake with my Canon camera. Their sound was amazing but my wife and I were so excited we talked over it including a cuss word from my mouth.

I would like to copy some of the clean cacophony and paste it over our words. I think the result would be fairly seamless since the sound is like white noise.

So, can you copy audio within a video and paste it elsewhere within the same video using Movie Maker?

Thanks!
neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Re: How to copy and paste audio within a video?
Posted: 03 Apr 2017 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Here's one way you could do it:

1. Make a copy of your project file
2. Open that copy and identify the section of "clean cacophony" you want to copy. Split the video at. the beginning and end of this section. Delete the other sections before and after this section - this should leave you with just the video with the audio you want to use elsewhere. Save this out as an audio file by going to File > Save movie and click on the Audio only setting.
3. Open your original project file and split the video at the beginning and end of the sections where you want to replace the audio. Mute these sections by setting the volume level to zero.
4. Add the audio file you saved in step 2 to your project and place it where the video was muted in step 3. Trim the audio to the desired length. Repeat this for the remaining muted sections.
5. Complete any other editing and and save your movie.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
EEWally is not online. Last active: 4/4/2017 3:05:30 PM EEWally
Total Posts: 2

Re: How to copy and paste audio within a video?
Posted: 04 Apr 2017 03:05 PM
Thanks for making the process so clear!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > How to copy and paste audio within a video?