[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > How to remove music along with video tracks    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: How to remove music along with video tracks
nightWizard is not online. Last active: 7/15/2016 12:27:05 PM nightWizard
Total Posts: 2

How to remove music along with video tracks
Posted: 14 Jul 2016 02:06 PM
Hi all,

This is my first WMM project so please bear with me. I made a really long movie project, just over 3 hours, of a trip to a few countries. I added a bunch of music tarcks to accompany the video clips, timed just the way I wanted to line up with the videos.

When I tried to render the project to a HD video file, it would always fail. After some research I discovered that the issue was the project was so large my PC simply couldn't render it all. What finally worked for me was to render 4 separate HD video files, one for each country.

I did this by first removing the last 3 segments from the project, then rendering a video from the first segment, then repeating the process until I had 4 HD videos, one for each country.

The problem is when I played the video files, each video file has the same music, because no matter where in the timeline the clips were from, the music would start from the beginning for all of them.

How can I move video clips in a project, and have the music tracks move WITH them?

Thanks!
neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Re: How to remove music along with video tracks
Posted: 14 Jul 2016 04:58 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Which version of Movie Maker are you using, as the process will depend on the specific version you're using?

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
nightWizard is not online. Last active: 7/15/2016 12:27:05 PM nightWizard
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 15 Jul 2016 12:27 PM
I'm using Movie Maker is Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331)
neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Posted: 15 Jul 2016 03:42 PM
When you deleted the video clips in your original project did you also delete the accompanying music for those video clips? If not, give that a try. If you haven't already done so, make sure you keep a backup copy of your original file.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > How to remove music along with video tracks