[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > First time editing - confused about music/audio!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: First time editing - confused about music/audio!
jumiju is not online. Last active: 6/17/2015 3:26:07 PM jumiju
Total Posts: 1

First time editing - confused about music/audio!
Posted: 17 Jun 2015 12:05 PM
Hello,

I am trying to make a short video from some clips I have, for my dad for Father's Day this weekend... I have never done this before, so I have already learned quite a bit, but am struggling with a few things which I hope someone may be able to help me with!

OK, first of all, just to say that I am using WLMM 2011.

So I am OK (I think) with the actual video footage. It's the music and audio I am struggling with.

I have a music track and have imported that, put it over the video - no problem.

What I am trying to do though, is to have the music playing for x amount of seconds, then at a certain point in the video, I wanted to stop the music and pick up the audio from the video itself for several seconds, before resuming the music once more.

Can this be done in this version of MM? I have been going round in circles trying to do it!

I have read about MM only having one audio track, so in an attempt to get this done, I downloaded Lightworks to try. Ha! I'm sure it's great but it's a little (understatement) advanced for me at this point!

If what I'd like to achieve cannot be done in WLMM 2011, can anyone recommend any other free software that may be able to do it? And that isn't too complicated?!

Thank you in advance, for any help you can offer!

:)
blitzkow is not online. Last active: 10/8/2016 12:54:04 PM blitzkow
Total Posts: 2

Re: First time editing - confused about music/audio!
Posted: 08 Oct 2016 12:48 PM
I have the exact same question about starting and stopping music track. I have a mix of still pics and movie clips taken with my iphone (jpg and mov files). I only want the music track active during still pics and not during movie clips that have their own sound track. I chose a freeware music file and was able to add it to my movie. I get lost when trying to adjust stop and start points around the video clips. Did you ever resolve this?
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Music, Narration, and Sound  > First time editing - confused about music/audio!