[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Making a 4:3 AR display properly on a 16:9 TV screen    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Making a 4:3 AR display properly on a 16:9 TV screen
CATSPAWSAILOR is not online. Last active: 6/26/2015 11:51:48 AM CATSPAWSAILOR
Total Posts: 2

Making a 4:3 AR display properly on a 16:9 TV screen
Posted: 12 Jun 2015 11:57 PM
Creating a DVD in movie maker has three stages, each with a choice of twor Aspect Ratios in each stage: The original Project story board, the Save Movie function and the Create/ encode the DVD. I am trying to create a DVD which will play on TV in HD. The original photos and videos have 4:3 aspect ratios. I have created the movie several times with different aspect ratios for the three parts but always (with one exception) get display in Wide Angle format when DVD is played on TV. One combination, where I used Wide angle for the PROJECT stage and 4:3 for the SAVE and DVD encoding' did yield an appropriately sized TV image but it was lower resolution than the wider screen versions.

I have been "saving the movie" in 1440x1080 or 1920x1080 in the belief that more pixels will give a better picture. Is this true for this program where a DVD is involved? Somewhere I read that the DVD was only capable of handling 720x480. Is this true? Do I need to go to Blue Ray to get true HD?
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Making a 4:3 AR display properly on a 16:9 TV screen