[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > Import fiasco    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Import fiasco
Novel8 is not online. Last active: 12/30/2014 7:49:11 PM Novel8
Total Posts: 18

Import fiasco
Posted: 29 Dec 2014 06:59 PM
I had some experience with the earlier version of MM with XP, but now with version 6.1 and Win 7, seems like there has been some changes, undoubtedly. I made a video clip that had the MP4 extension which MM does not like. So I converted it to wmv. I import it into the Collection box. I can see each clip in the preview screen. I move the clips down to the Timeline area and when I try to play them there, i get nothing...the line moves and i do hear the audio, but no video. Is there a way around this..?

considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Import fiasco
Posted: 30 Dec 2014 01:17 PM
It does not sound like they were converted to a 100% compatible .wmv format. What converter did you use? Try switching to Freemake Video Converter and you should get files that work. Remember, with any freeware, always choose 'Custom Install' and review (uncheck) any option you don't agree with.

By the way, are you using WMM 2.6 or WMM 6.0? The version number you are referencing (6.1) is not the version of Movie Maker, it is the version of Windows (6.1 internally = Windows 7). Look down further in the Help > About Movie Maker dialog box.

If you are using WMM 2.6, you may want to install WMM 6.0 instead. See the link in my signature. It's still a classic version (like the XP version) but just optimized for GPU hardware, 64-bit CPUs, etc.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 30 Dec 2014 05:00 PM
I did Help/about and that is what came up with 6.0.1 vers. Yes, I have Win 7 and 64 bit setup. Now if i convert it again from MP4, to wmv and now the later version your recommending won't that make it worse? I am just asking. Thanks...I just d/l Freemake video converter and will try that.

Posted: 30 Dec 2014 07:48 PM
Well i got a message after downloading WMM 6.0 that my 'card' could not allow to run this program because of accelerator difficulties.
I do not have a card in my new build ( since April ) i use AMD with its internal graphics. I never heard of this.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 31 Dec 2014 03:16 AM
Look down towards the bottom, not the top of the Help | About dialog. I'm seeing 6.0.6002.18005 as the version of Windows Movie Maker. Is that what you see?

Take your original source file (I think you said it was an .mp4 file) and convert it to .wmv. Import that into your collection and remove the other one from the collection. Use that .wmv file and hopefully Movie Maker will not have problems.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > Import fiasco