[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Sharing Movies on the Internet  > Only Bottom Half of Video Visible    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Only Bottom Half of Video Visible
BBM66 is not online. Last active: 9/13/2013 1:04:20 AM BBM66
Total Posts: 3

Only Bottom Half of Video Visible
Posted: 16 Jul 2013 11:15 PM
Hope someone can help!

Took video in MP4 format. Used Aimersoft converter to change it to WMV. Loaded it to my Windows Movie maker 2.6 and made a movie, complete with titles, music, et al. My operating system is Windows 7. Movie plays as it should in Movie Maker, no issues. Here's the problem.......When I save the movie to my computer in "my videos" file, the finished product is only displaying the bottom half of the video and the top half is just black. The only exception to that, is that the titles I made are showing both halves...wieRD. I have re-done the movie twice to ensure I'm doing it the right way....same result each time. It's almost as if someone took a razor knife and cut the top of the video clean off! The audio is working just fine. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, before I hang my self from the Gateway Arch????? Thank you in advance for your help!
Bill
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Only Bottom Half of Video Visible
Posted: 17 Jul 2013 01:39 AM
Try a different converter. I would try Freemake Video Converter instead of Aimersoft.

Additionally, is there a reason you are using WMM 2.6? There's Movie Maker 2012 or if you want a classic version, there is still WMM 6.0 which is available using the link in my signature. Add-ons are here: view post 126998.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 12:01 AM
Well, Ive paid for Aimersoft, so it's the one I have to use. The problem does not appear to be with the converter, it appears to be with what happens when i save the movie I made from MM to my computer. The movie plays fine and is full screen in the movie maker utility. When I click on save to my computer and it does, that's when the problem happens and the movie gets cut in half. I am using 2.6 because while my new computer with Windows 7 has the latest version of Movie Maker on it...i think it's the 2012 version...I find it terribly tedious and confusing to use.
I will download the 6.0 and try it, but in the interim, can you tell me why my movie is cut in half and what I might do to fix it???
Thanks for the help!
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 12:29 AM
Sorry, I didn't read your post completely. There are others that are having problems with only half their video showing:
view post 258245

The cause appears to be a recent security update that is causing this bad side-effect. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it, but until then, you'll have to decide if you want to take the risk of uninstalling the update.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 05:00 PM
Well, I installed MM 6.0 from your link and....WHAMMO!!!! Just like that, it worked perfectly...Thanks bro...No hangings necessary......yet!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Sharing Movies on the Internet  > Only Bottom Half of Video Visible