[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > greenscreen help please!    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: greenscreen help please!
coreydealin is not online. Last active: 8/16/2014 2:24:59 AM coreydealin
Total Posts: 2

greenscreen help please!
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 12:26 PM
i used wmm 6 on windows 7 to make a music video for a friend it contains about 28-30 2.5 second clips and about 20 of them have the greenscreen transition on them i have got it to work beautifully e3xcept for about 3 of them flicker between the image and the video but that is not my problem i think i can fix that if i export the video in smaller segments and then put it together the problem is that since greenscreen is a transition when the clips switch there is a split second of video where you can see the video before the effect kicks in can i make the transition overlap the entire video clip? forgive me if this topic has been posted already im a noob
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: greenscreen help please!
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 10:32 PM
Movie Maker won't let you completely overlap two clips in a transition. In that case, you end up with a small portion that doesn't look right. The workaround is to save your movie, reimport it into a new project, trim off the offending frames and save one more time.

Another workaround is to overlap the clip in two parts.

Visually:
.......GGGGGGGGG
XXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYY

G = the greenscreen clip
X = the first clip
Y = the second clip

Between G and X use the version of greenscreen where the second clip is the green one.
Between G and Y use the version of greenscreen where the first clip is the green one.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
coreydealin is not online. Last active: 8/16/2014 2:24:59 AM coreydealin
Total Posts: 2

Posted: 08 Feb 2013 08:12 AM
Thank you so much for your response i will get to saving and chopping right away this site is awesome by the way thanks for all the advice!
FrodeFender is not online. Last active: 6/30/2018 11:32:22 AM FrodeFender
Total Posts: 18

Posted: 19 Sep 2016 06:55 PM
Great answer to a important problem!!Smiley

Actually, the "another workaround" tip/trick is maybye THE BEST and most important userguide when using RehanFX's - Chroma Plugin. When you want to create a decent usable green screen overlay in one turn! And the only way to eliminate the annoying milliseconds of artifacts at the end of each overlay scene.

If only there was a similar guide to solve the flickering/blinking bug of the same RehanFX's Shader Pack. Wich seems to appear in the most crucial time when working on a complex overlay production in Movie Maker..... That would really be helpful! :

Thanks Considerate Guy. I wish I had read this post when I started working with overlay in Moviemaker. That would REALLY had saved me for countless hours of tweaking and testing and pushing the limits of the video-timeline trying for the perfect flawless scene. Guess I had to learn it all the hard way...Tongue out:D B)

TCB!Smiley
-FF
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Movie Maker Tips and Tricks  > greenscreen help please!