[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Better version of Movie Maker for saving your movie to computer?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Better version of Movie Maker for saving your movie to computer?
ramkuma is not online. Last active: 8/14/2013 9:01:08 AM ramkuma
Total Posts: 43

Better version of Movie Maker for saving your movie to computer?
Posted: 06 Nov 2012 11:34 AM
I am constantly getting the message about not being able to save my movies. Then I have to do the old cut up your movie, save parts individually, then bring them back in and join the parts and save them again routine, losing A LOT of quality in the process. Is there any hope on the horizon that a new version of WMM will come out so you don't have to deal with this?
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Better version of Movie Maker for saving your movie to computer?
Posted: 06 Nov 2012 12:21 PM
Depends on your version of Windows. If you are on Windows XP, the best you can do is WMM 2.1. If you are on Windows Vista, the latest is Movie Maker 2011. But if you are on Windows 7 or higher then you have Movie Maker 2012. For the latest downloads of Movie Maker go to download.live.com and pick it from the Windows Essentials installer.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 06 Nov 2012 12:25 PM
Incidentally one thing that can really help in editing video in Movie Maker is to convert all your source files to a common format. Movie Maker prefers .wmv for video and .wma for audio. A batch conversion of all your source files up front, using Freemake Video Converter and Freemake Audio Converter (freemake.com) can make for a much smoother editing experience. Give that a try if upgrading to Movie Maker 2012 is not an option.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
ramkuma is not online. Last active: 8/14/2013 9:01:08 AM ramkuma
Total Posts: 43

Posted: 07 Nov 2012 07:40 AM
Thanks. I have XP. I always use wmv and wma. Freemake Converter is a god-send---so darn easy to use, their interface is fantastically clear and easy. These guys get it.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Publishing and Saving Movies  > Better version of Movie Maker for saving your movie to computer?