[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Other Software  > Other Digital Media Software  > Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?
captain is not online. Last active: 2/28/2012 9:45:21 AM captain
help-delight.blogspot.com
Total Posts: 3

Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?
Posted: 28 Feb 2012 09:13 AM
Question:

This is my issue with the Sony camcorder ... THE AVCHD files in the .mts format. We edit and create our weekly school video productions using Adobe (Premiere Pro CS3 v 3 2.0), and the AVCHD files are not compatible with Adobe. Thus, I would have to convert them before importing into Adobe, and this takes way too much time (I sometimes have just one hour to get the newscast out).
We have Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 v3.2.0 , and it's release documentation said, " The 3.2.0 update adds compatibility with the Sony XDCAM range of cameras." With the previous release, Adobe was compatible with Panasonic P2 MXF import, editing, and export.
I am really struggling here ... Will only tape-based cameras work for me? I'm just a librarian who makes movies for the school. I understand how to make the movies; file formats are confusing the heck out of me.

Any help you can give would be great!

Solution:

Here's a video conversion program Aunsoft Video Converter will be able to settle the AVCHD files' compatibility problem with Adobe Premiere.
In Aunsoft Video Converter you can convert your AVCHD files using the output format "MPEG-2(*.mpg)" which can be found from Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas dropdown list in the Format box. The converted MPG format will be supported very well by your Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.

You can download a trial version of Aunsoft Video Converter to have a try: http://www.aunsoft.com/video-converter/
The detailed operation steps as below:

1. Load the AVCHD files (.mts) into Aunsoft Video Converter.
*Please copy the .mts files from your camcorder onto your computer hard drive first before importing to Aunsoft Video Converter.

2. Select the output format you want.
If you want to convert for further editing in Adobe Premiere suggest you use format "MPEG-2(*.mpg)" from the Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas dropdown list.
If you want to do further settings to customize the output you can click the Settings button.
See below picture for reference.

3. Select the "Merge into one file" option.
This can help to join your separate mts video footages into a single file in output.

4. Click the Browse button to select your output location.

5. Click the conversion button to start converting.
After conversion finishes a .mpg file will be generated. You can then import the .mpg file into Adobe Premiere for further editing.

Tips:
If your computer has the Nvidia CUDA-enabled graphics card you can use the CUDA acceleration to speed up the conversion.
Just click the Options button and select the "CUDA decoder". See below picture for reference.
The CUDA acceleration might improve the conversion speed 2~3 times in general.

Sources from>>> http://help-delight.blogspot.com/2012/02/adobe-premiere-pro-cs3-does-not-support.html
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?
Posted: 28 Feb 2012 01:07 PM
I've used Freemake Video Converter (freemake.com) to do the same thing with AVCHD files when I couldn't edit them in another program. It also has CUDA acceleration.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
monica6688 is not online. Last active: 1/4/2018 1:54:15 AM monica6688
Total Posts: 49

Re: Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?
Posted: 04 Jan 2018 01:54 AM
This tutorial is the best one I have found on Google which saved my life. Thank God!
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Other Software  > Other Digital Media Software  > Share: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 does not support AVCHD MTS from Sony camcorder?