[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Clickable Links    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Clickable Links
likekinds is not online. Last active: 10/6/2018 5:03:27 PM likekinds
Total Posts: 51

Clickable Links
Posted: 21 Sep 2011 11:01 AM
I have a (hopefully feasible) suggestion for the forum. I have noticed that a lot of people do not add a clickable link to view their videos. I think this is because doing so can be rather confusing, at least the first few tries. I know it was for me.

All my email service providers give me the option of making any word in a sentence a clickable link. You just paste the URL in a box, and it's done. Would it be practical to add such a feature to WMM Forum?

Thank you

Likekinds
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: Clickable Links
Posted: 21 Sep 2011 01:22 PM
Rob is the forum owner and is in charge of maintaining the software. In the past he's said it is difficult to customize the forum software much without breaking it all, but here's to hoping he sees this suggestion.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
kangenalkalinewaters is not online. Last active: 1/7/2012 6:07:19 PM kangenalkalinewaters
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 07 Jan 2012 06:07 PM
I am not yet able to make a clickable link in my video, using Movie Maker and the Title Overlay feature. I also tried pasting the code given from my email application and websites, for www.ChangeMyWater.info.

How can I create a clickable link in my video that will also be clickable when uploaded to YouTube?

Thanks!
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Posted: 07 Jan 2012 11:36 PM
There was a way with Windows Media Encoder 9 to add clickable links to a .wmv file, but generally these get stripped out when uploaded on the web since the files get turned into .flv files on YouTube and other sites. Obviously you can just add a title with the text of your URL and expect viewers to type that into the address bar themselves, but that doesn't make it clickable.

However, you can use the annotation feature of YouTube to add links to your videos.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > Clickable Links