[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Other Software  > Windows Photo Story  > PS-3 no longer uploads properly to YouTube or Blogger    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: PS-3 no longer uploads properly to YouTube or Blogger
vinny_the_hack is not online. Last active: 3/29/2019 12:34:45 AM vinny_the_hack
Total Posts: 11

PS-3 no longer uploads properly to YouTube or Blogger
Posted: 14 Aug 2011 08:34 PM
I've been using PS-3 to create videos and upload them to YouTube and Blogger for almost four years. Suddenly, after uploading a new one, it appeared with randomly different size images in it. This happened on both YouTube and Blogger.

It plays perfectly in PS-3, WMP, and Realplayer, but others video players have problems with it. Some video converters fail to convert it, while others complete the job, but the result plays with the same problem on YouTube and Blogger I mentioned.

Then, I decided to upload a (PS-3) video that I had previously (successfully) uploaded to both YouTube and Blogger, and lo and behold if it didn't also suffer from the same random sized images issue.

I uploaded the video to Vimeo, where it plays perfectly, however, when I try to embed it on my (Blogger) blog, it plays very slowly, and the transitions look all pixelated, etc.

I have run out of ideas. Something has changed, but as far as I know, nothing on my PC has. I am running WIN/XP. I have scoured the web looking for possible causes, but I haven't seen a single instance of anyone complaining of the same issue I have.

Any ideas? I mean besides switching to a new process. I like PS-3 and it does things that either MM doesn't do or is very much harder to do. Not to mention producing a file 4 times the size of what PS-3 does.
considerate_guy is not online. Last active: 8/7/2015 5:49:08 PM considerate_guy
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 24219

Re: PS-3 no longer uploads properly to YouTube or Blogger
Posted: 14 Aug 2011 08:43 PM
Photo Story 3 generates a WMV-Image format that is different than the WMV-Video format. Apparently YouTube has altered its support for this format. I would recommend converting it to WMV-Video format with one of two methods:
1) Using Windows Movie Maker -- import the completed Photo Story into WMM and then immediately save it back out as a movie. Upload that to YouTube.
2) Using Freemake Video Converter -- others have had success with this path.

Blaine
Movie Maker (Custom Titles, Effects. etc.)Cool
WMM 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8
YouTube videos

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 10:53 PM
Just importing the video into MM causes the images to appear randomly sized.

I just DL'd the Freemake converter and converted the output of my PS-3 from WMV to AVI. Odd that some converters do it in about 30 seconds and Freemake took about 45 minutes. In any case, playing the AVI file with WMP and Realplayer only plays the audio portion and the video portion is black.

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 07:26 PM
If anyone is interested, I again tried importing the PS3 output into MM and it imported properly. I generated the new movie at "best quality". When I played it, the images were fine (not random sizes), but the transitions were slow and choppy and pixelation was occurring. I happened to notice that the movie that came out of MM was a little over 2 mb while the movie that went in was just over 4 mb. This looked suspicious to me.

I re-generated the movie in MM, but this time I specified the size of the output to be 9 mb. The resultant movie file ended up being 6.4 mb--almost 3 times the size of the file created with "best quality" checked. When I played the movie, it played perfectly. I was also able to upload this video to both Blogger and YouTube with perfect results.

movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 07:37 PM
I'm curious if you ever tried the conversion in Freemake from WMV-Image to WMV-Video? Given your experience with going to AVI, I was curious if the conversion to WMV would have taken a similar 45 minutes.

Anyway, I'm so glad you finally found a solution to get a WMV video file that works.

Blaine
YouTube videos

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 12:29 AM
Thanks.

I'm very relieved. I have produced over 50 vids and one of them is currently on YouTube with >250 k views. I like making and sharing them.

I'm not sure what you mean by converting from WMV-Image to WMV-Video, but I just tried converting the wmv from PS3 to wmv using Freemake and it estimated the output would be 107 mb! I started the process and my observation told me it would have taken some 30 minutes. I cancelled it.

Peace, brother, and thanks for your help.
movies.blainesville.com
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 01:26 AM
You should post a link to your channel...

Blaine
YouTube videos

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/VinnyTheHack

...is my YouTube channel, but I only keep a few videos there.

I have all but my most popular video here...

http://www.videosbyvinny.blogspot.com

I was asked to remove Brown Eyed Girl because of copyright infringement. Heh.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Other Software  > Windows Photo Story  > PS-3 no longer uploads properly to YouTube or Blogger