[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Sharing Movies on the Internet  > How can I downsize a MM 2.6 movie for Internet viewing?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: How can I downsize a MM 2.6 movie for Internet viewing?
debussymuir is not online. Last active: 2/3/2011 11:05:01 PM debussymuir
Total Posts: 2

How can I downsize a MM 2.6 movie for Internet viewing?
Posted: 03 Feb 2011 02:47 PM
I have a finished 7-minute video in Movie Maker 2.6 on a Vista machine. It's 80 mg and I would like to downsize it for sending on the Internet. Is there a way to do this?

Background: I want to use 2.6 because I like the timeline (which MM Live 11 doesn't have).
But Live 11 lets you save movies in lower-res versions for the Internet. MM 2.6 doesn't. But is there a way?

I do not care to download Live 11 again, because it seemed to conflict with 2.6. I wouldn't mind having both on my computer, but I don't want to have one of the programs interfering with the other.

Thanks much.

neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Re: How can I downsize a MM 2.6 movie for Internet viewing?
Posted: 03 Feb 2011 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Version 2.6 allows you to save your movie at lower resolutions and bitrates and it also has an option that gives the "Best fit to file size". You'll find these options on the "Movie Setting" page in the "Save Movie Wizard". Select "Other settings" on this page and then look in the drop down box to the right of it for a list of lower resolutions settings you can select.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
debussymuir is not online. Last active: 2/3/2011 11:05:01 PM debussymuir

Posted: 03 Feb 2011 11:04 PM

Dear Neophyte: THANK YOU SO MUCH. Don
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 04 Feb 2011 09:08 PM
You're welcome; good luck with your movie making.

markseibold is not online. Last active: 10/28/2011 8:49:17 PM markseibold

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 07:43 PM
Similar question possibly?

Sorry I am new here and just replying to your message rather than creating a new one.

Allow me to introduce myself- I am mark Seibold, professional-amateur astronomer in Portland Oregon. I have created a sound file-interview with hundreds of the public while performing solar sidewalk astronomy across the US Canadian Continent in 2000. It has taken me years to finally edit it down to a selected 15 minutes maximum that Youtube will allow to upload. However, I had edited it originally to 23 minutes of selected parts of people speaking in many languages. Then I uploaded it to a new opned file in WindowsMovieMaker 2.6 a few weeks ago. I then added many still images to the timeline but trimmed the total sound file down to the 15 minutes maximum allowable for Youtube, otherwise it kicks it out as over the time limit.

The problem then arose that the total file, although trimmed to 15 minutes in audio with all the photo still images stacked long the same time-line, it still has the total old time frame of 23 minutes in the file- So it appears to run after the 15 minutes intended end finishes-> the timeline keeps going for a dead extraneous 8 minutes that I cannot trim off.

When I go to the upper drop-down tool bars to select the ‘Start and Finish” cip or trim tools, they are not accessible. Why not?

Can someone here tell me how to trim the excess 8 minutes of time off the completed and finished file? As I am ready to post to Youtube now?

Thank you for any help and please feel free to post to my personal email as I may not find the this forum line again – markscosmiclight@gmail.com

Mark Seibold
Retired IT Technician, Awarded and Published Artist-Astronomy Educator
Portland Oregon
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 09:56 PM
Mark - try converting your audio file to wma or wav format, as that often resolves this type of problem.

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Sharing Movies on the Internet  > How can I downsize a MM 2.6 movie for Internet viewing?