[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated
lainhartrd is not online. Last active: 2/15/2018 3:25:43 PM lainhartrd
Total Posts: 13

WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated
Posted: 04 Jul 2010 04:49 PM
Problem: WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated (e.g., making a title, importing a photo or video). The screen may also start (intermittently) flashing violently. At this point, I must go to the task manager to end the “unresponsive program”. Computer is an HP Pavilion 6210f with W-7 Home Premium, 64 bit. FWIW, WMM 2.6 works perfectly fine on this computer. But I also now need WLMM for some mpeg2 video that WMM doesn’t accept. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled WLMM with no improvement. Any suggestions (or links to such) will be MOST appreciated ---Thanks! Richard
neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Re: WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated
Posted: 04 Jul 2010 10:19 PM
Try checking for any updated drivers for your graphics card. Another option would be to install version 6.0 of Movie Maker on your system.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
lainhartrd is not online. Last active: 2/15/2018 3:25:43 PM lainhartrd
Total Posts: 13

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 06:56 PM
RE: Windows Live Movie Maker Problem (stalling) on HP Pavilion 6210f computer. THANKS to ALL of you* for resolving this issue. The problem appears to have been multifaceted, and EACH of you provided a valuable clue to its solution. Yes, the graphics card needed to be updated (despite the fact that the computer was purchased only 7 months ago, which was a few months after Windows 7 was introduced). Yes, optional updates from Microsoft needed to be manually installed (despite the fact that I was enrolled for automatic updates from the beginning). And yes, the Beta version of WLMM (explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta) does now seem to work better than the version released last fall. Much appreciate each of you taking the time and effort to resolve this issue! Richard
*neophyte at WMM.net, Apurba at HP, K-Ann C. and Cheryl W. at WLSC.
neophyte is not online. Last active: 3/9/2018 9:52:14 PM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20182

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 10:10 PM
Glad you were able to get it sorted out; thanks for posting back with the details.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Technical Support  > WLMM freezes up right after any task is initiated