[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > How do I convert from .MOD to .AVI format?    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: How do I convert from .MOD to .AVI format?
LOBCAM is not online. Last active: 1/27/2010 11:17:10 PM LOBCAM
Total Posts: 2

How do I convert from .MOD to .AVI format?
Posted: 27 Jan 2010 12:39 PM
I have a Panasonic # SDR-H40P Camcorder that produces video in .MOD format. As I understand, the preferred format for Movie Maker is .AVI. How can I convert .MOD to .AVI and keep the audio and the aspect ratio in tact?

Thanks
neophyte is not online. Last active: 4/24/2017 8:54:18 AM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20149

Re: How do I convert from .MOD to .AVI format?
Posted: 27 Jan 2010 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forums.

The preferred formats for Movie Maker are wmv and DV-avi. See this page on PapaJohn's website for more info on how to convert mod files to a Movie Maker compatible format.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
LOBCAM is not online. Last active: 1/27/2010 11:17:10 PM LOBCAM

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 10:51 PM
You state, "files with an extension of .MOD. They are MPEG-2 files, so rename them to .MPG and follow the conversion info on the Import Movie Souce Files > Video > MPEG page. "

What MPEG pages of what website are you refering to?

Also when I rename the file from .MOD to .MPG and with Movie Maker open, I "Import into Collections" and get the following response; "C:\Data\My Documents\My Home Videos\Thanksgiving 2008\Gingerbread House\11272008_120638.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from

After some research it appears that there are only a few camera that record in a format that is directly compaible with WMM. So does most everyone have to deal with format conversion issues?

Thanks.

RunrigNutter is not online. Last active: 9/13/2010 8:25:30 PM RunrigNutter
Total Posts: 116

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 02:04 AM
Hi, this might be able to help :)

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

It converts most, if all formats including MOV :)
RunrigNutter is not online. Last active: 9/13/2010 8:25:30 PM RunrigNutter
Total Posts: 116

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 02:05 AM
Hi, this might be able to help :)

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

.mod

Tapeless video formats (Standard Definition) used by JVC, Panasonic and Canon in some models of digital camcorders :)
neophyte is not online. Last active: 4/24/2017 8:54:18 AM neophyte
neos-world.is-great.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 20149

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 09:48 PM
LOBCAM - here's the MPEG2 page that the quote from PapaJohn's website was referring to.

Converting unsupported file types to a Movie Maker compatible format is normally the best approach for most users. However, for certain file types and some versions of Windows, you may be able to use an unsupported file type by installing any necessary codecs. That can require some time and effort, especially if you're not familiar with dealing with codecs and resolving any codec related issues.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius
alva is not online. Last active: 4/28/2016 1:53:49 AM alva
Total Posts: 3

Posted: 29 May 2014 07:09 AM
For converting .MOD to .AVI format you can use Panasonic Camcorder Video Converter help you to convert AVI, MKV, MPEG-4, FLV, 3G2, 3GP, SWF, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, ASF, WMV, M2TS, VOB, MPG, M4V and other popular video formats.
sharony is not online. Last active: 7/19/2014 3:21:42 AM sharony

Posted: 18 Jul 2014 04:24 AM
From Yahoo Answer, I learn that:

Camcorders such as JVC Everio, Canon FS100 and Panasonic D-Snap SD-card camcorders save their video files with .mod extension. MOD files are just regular MPEG-2 Program Stream files. You don't need to convert them if the device or player supports MPEG-2 Program Stream files - just try renaming the filename suffix from .MOD to .MPG.

However, MOD files are not compatible with most popular devices and players like iPhone, iPod, iTunes, iMovie, Windows Media Player, PS3, Xbox 360, Sony Vegas, Android, BlackBerry, etc. To play MOD files in the above devices and players, here, I strongly recommend <a target="_new"
href="http://www.faasoft.com/articles/mod-converter.html">converting MOD to MP4, MOD to AVI, MOD to MOV, MOD to WMV, MOD to MKV, MOD to FLV</a>, MOD to MP3, MOD to WAV, MXF, 3GP, OGV, AC3, FLAC, etc.

sharony is not online. Last active: 7/19/2014 3:21:42 AM sharony

Posted: 18 Jul 2014 04:31 AM
From Yahoo Answer, I learn that:

Camcorders such as JVC Everio, Canon FS100 and Panasonic D-Snap SD-card camcorders save their video files with .mod extension. MOD files are just regular MPEG-2 Program Stream files. You don't need to convert them if the device or player supports MPEG-2 Program Stream files - just try renaming the filename suffix from .MOD to .MPG.

However, MOD files are not compatible with most popular devices and players like iPhone, iPod, iTunes, iMovie, Windows Media Player, PS3, Xbox 360, Sony Vegas, Android, BlackBerry, etc. To play MOD files in the above devices and players, here, I strongly recommend converting MOD to MP4, MOD to AVI, MOD to MOV, MOD to WMV, MOD to MKV, MOD to FLV, MOD to MP3, MOD to WAV, MXF, 3GP, OGV, AC3, FLAC, etc.

Katyerry is not online. Last active: 11/25/2014 12:50:39 AM Katyerry

Posted: 24 Nov 2014 10:22 PM
MOD container is usually used by some older camcorder models, such as JVC HDD evario, Panasonic SDR-H100 and Canon FS200. Now .MOD format recorded video camcorders have gradually replaced by AVCHD and XDCAM camcorders. Since 2011, I have not seen any new model of camcorders that support .MOD as recorded video by default. MOD is not a video format actually, but a video container that is encoded with MPEG-2 video and AC-3 audio
MellowHanLady is not online. Last active: 12/5/2014 4:25:58 AM MellowHanLady
Total Posts: 1

Posted: 05 Dec 2014 04:23 AM
Ah, Thank you!
kitewinmario is not online. Last active: 4/19/2015 11:38:04 PM kitewinmario

Posted: 24 Mar 2015 10:33 PM
In order to successfully convert MOD to MP4, MOD to AVI, MOD to MOV, WMV, MOD to MP3, WAV, OGV, MXF, WebM, FLAC, AC3, etc, iDealshare VideoGo is just the best ever choice.

Performing as a professional MOD Video Converter, iDealshare VideoGo has the feature that allows you to convert MOD to almost all kinds of video formats like MOD to MP4, MOD to AVI, MOD to MOV, MOD to WMV, MOD to MKV, MOD to FLV, WTV, ASF, DivX Video, DV, DVD Video, MPEG4 Video, MPEG1 Video, MPEG2 Video, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video, Xvid Video, Matroska Video, WebM Video, ProRes Video, OGV Video, SWF, etc.

Step by step guide on how to convert MOD to AVI at http://www.idealshare.net/mod-converter.html
philipss is not online. Last active: 6/19/2015 12:53:33 AM philipss

Posted: 19 Jun 2015 12:53 AM
there is nothing to worry about. Its quite common that videos recorded through panasonic camcorder can't be played in most of portable devices because of it's unsupported format. Hence in order to enjoy the video, it's format must be changed in respect to the device on which it is to be played.

For any such issue simply switch for Panasonic Camcorder Video Converter. It converts video to any format as per your requirement and even supports almost all versions of Panasonic Camcorder. I have tried it works quite well.

follow the link given to get this product

http://www.video-converters.org/cameraconverter/panasonic-camera-converter.php
chris198810 is not online. Last active: 4/20/2017 5:00:44 AM chris198810
Total Posts: 48

Posted: 17 Aug 2015 04:13 AM
The MOD file format was developed by Panasonic and JVC for camcorders that record onto a hard disk or SD memory card rather than tape. While MOD is not compatible with WMM. What you can do is to convert MOD to AVI/WMV, any WMM editable video.<br><br>Brorsoft MOD Converter offers you best ever and convenient method to convert your MOD file format into other formats MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, M4V, MPG, etc you want. Once converted, you may enjoy the same quality of videos with the best resolution and effects.
summers is not online. Last active: 12/11/2015 1:49:17 AM summers
Total Posts: 10

Posted: 30 Sep 2015 03:05 AM
Have you try the video converter before? It can convert MOD to AVI and many other formats we need :D

gaganboparai is not online. Last active: 10/10/2015 1:02:18 PM gaganboparai

Posted: 06 Oct 2015 11:56 AM
This may help you http://www.freemodconverter.com/ found this on first page of googleSmiley

Make Viral Movies with WMM
jolinzhu622520 is not online. Last active: 9/18/2016 2:00:30 AM jolinzhu622520
Total Posts: 13

Posted: 03 Mar 2016 01:43 AM

Have trouble of importing JVC MOD files into Windows Movie Maker? No worry, this article shows yuo how to convert JVC MOD to WMV videos for editing smoothly on Windows Movie Maker.

http://simple-useful-video-tools-tips.over-blog.com/2016/03/edit-jvc-mod-files-on-windows-movie-maker.html

http://must-knows-movie-playing-facts.over-blog.com
ChattyAsp is not online. Last active: 1/3/2017 2:42:36 AM ChattyAsp

Posted: 03 Jan 2017 02:36 AM
Um, i met the similar problem as yours. when i was going to convert mp4 to mkv files i found there was black bar at the screen, then i used wonderfox video converter to finish it. later i found that it contained over hundreds of format to chose from include what you say-mod and avi.

Meanwhile it can also improve video quality by increasing resolution and changing bit rate.
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Getting Started with Windows Movie Maker  > How do I convert from .MOD to .AVI format?