[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Vista  > Re: DEP moviemaker shutdown solution    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: DEP moviemaker shutdown solution
vagg is not online. Last active: 4/8/2012 4:10:34 PM vagg
Total Posts: 12

DEP moviemaker shutdown solution
Posted: 18 Apr 2008 01:38 PM
The enjoyment of losing your movie maker to DEP can now be corrected by following the guideline below..

Press start button bottom left desktop,type run command prompt into start search and open the command prompt file with administrator,paste: bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff
in command prompt and hit enter,reboot.

This will work and will shut down DEP completely.
If you are worried (I'm not)after using your movie maker just go threw the above motions and change the off back to on.
retexan599 is not online. Last active: 2/22/2015 12:05:45 PM retexan599
Top 50 Poster
Total Posts: 470

Re: DEP moviemaker shutdown solution
Posted: 19 Apr 2008 09:39 PM
I had a problem with DEP and Windows DVD Maker (which behaves a lot like Movie Maker). My solution was to uncheck all of the compatibility filters in Movie Maker. Certain filters can trigger DEP to shutdown the program(s). Give that a try and you may not have to use the rather drastic step of shutting DEP; personally I like the protections that DEP affords, but as they say, YMMV....

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Vista Home Premium; WMM 6.0
HP Pavilion d4890y; 2 GB Ram; E6420 Core2 Duo
Zaku is not online. Last active: 5/24/2008 12:09:25 AM Zaku
Total Posts: 2

Re: DEP moviemaker shutdown solution
Posted: 27 Apr 2008 01:13 AM
Thank you so much vagg i used your method and it fixed it =) lol you just made me the happiest person ever until some other problem pops upTongue out
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Goto to page:  Prev Next

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Windows Vista  > Re: DEP moviemaker shutdown solution