[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Free for all, Anything Goes Forums  > PapaJohn's Newsletter  > Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP
Posted: 25 Sep 2007 01:28 AM
I've installed the new Windows Live Photo Gallery Beta for XP twice now. The first time coincided with a me running into a new problem with Outlook Express... so I removed it and some other software to resolve it.

The second time was yesterday. Now that I understand the issue between the Gallery and Outlook Express, I'm keeping them at arms length from each other, and exploring what the Photo Gallery can do for my XP system. It's a clone of Photo Gallery in Vista.

That's what the newsletter issue will be about. It'll go out to subscribers by Sept 29th and be online for open viewing about December.

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP
Posted: 29 Sep 2007 12:29 AM
The issue is in the mail...

I'm a happy camper with this new app for XP, with added features over the Photo Gallery that comes with all versions of Vista.

You'll like it if you like capturing from a mini-DV tape to separate DV-AVI files for each scene, would like to know if there are any dropped frames, want to listen to music on WMP as you browse your library of still pix and video clips, would like double the fixing features for your still pix... and like the overall look and feel of Photo Gallery.

The downers include not being able to copy/paste or drag/drop clips from the Gallery to MM2.1 as you can in Vista to MM6.... and a background conflict between Outlook Express and Windows Search and Indexing features.

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
Rob is not online. Last active: 11/22/2017 4:26:25 PM Rob
www.windowsmoviemakers.net
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 1887

Re: Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP
Posted: 15 Feb 2008 11:34 AM
This issue can now be read online - PapaJohn's Newsletter Archive

Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Free for all, Anything Goes Forums  > PapaJohn's Newsletter  > Issue #169 - Microsoft Photo Gallery for XP