[Lights, Camera, Action]

Home    Forums    Tutorials    Search    Books    Links 

Windows Movie Maker tips, tutorials, forums and more...

Windows Movie Maker Home   Search   Login   Register   Member List  
Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format    
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
 Author Thread: Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format
Powerline is not online. Last active: 10/16/2013 1:26:50 PM Powerline
Total Posts: 14

Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format
Posted: 29 Nov 2003 09:11 PM
Has anyone had any experience converting .dvr-ms files to Windows Media or other formats that can be read under Windows XP?

I want to be able to edit these files and import them into Movie Maker. I am not interested in copying recorded dvr-ms programs to make a CD or DVD. I just want to use small clips of recorded shows to enhance my videos.

About - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/dvrfilechanges.asp
In Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft has introduced the *.dvr-ms file format. Similar in format to *.asf, the *.dvr-ms file enhancements allow the creation of key PVR functionality, including time-shifting, live pause, and simultaneous record and playback.
PapaJohn is not online. Last active: 2/23/2015 2:43:58 PM PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org
Top 25 Poster
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 13291

Re: Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format
Posted: 29 Nov 2003 10:22 PM
See the Importing Source Files... Video... Recorded TV - DVR-MS page of my website.

I just started doing this about a week ago and it works well.

... my website isn't here... it's at www.papajohn.org
chris198810 is not online. Last active: 4/9/2018 4:49:44 AM chris198810
Total Posts: 65

Re: Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format
Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:13 AM
<p>Try Brorsoft video converter to convert DVR-MS to WMV. It always works perfectly.</p>
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Movie Maker Forums  > Windows Movie Maker  > Capturing and Importing Media  > Convert .dvr-ms to Windows Media format